Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tuesday's customer inspiration - Jessie's spruced up dresser!

Today's customer inspiration is an excellent reminder that much of what you'll find at Jubilee Furniture needs only a small investment of time/work to take a piece from fine to fabulous!

I immediately saw the potential of this chest of drawers when it first arrived in the store even though it was missing some hardware.  Thankfully, the dresser was donated with a matching nightstand that was beat-up but had all the necessary hardware to complete the dresser.  I don't remember what I priced the dresser ($65? $75? $85?) but I do remember pricing the nightstand $15 and writing a note that whoever bought the dresser might want to buy the nightstand just for the hardware (since it's amazing vintage hardware well worth $15).  And the rest - you might say - is history!

Here's a before shot (note missing pull on top drawer and missing pulls on both doors)

Here's an up-close of the amazing hardware and the dresser looking all shining and wonderful!

This shot shows the three pull-out shelves behind the two doors and the way Jessie accessorized the top (extra appropriate given today's Valentine's Day!)

Here's Jessie email:

I just wanted to say a huge thank you for the service you provide.  I have been putting the word out to all my friends and family that Jubilee is the best place to finds amazing thrift pieces.  Knowing I am not only shopping responsibly, but helping others is a great feeling.

Take care -

Jessie

Wow - I couldn't have said it better myself!  

Thank you so much for sharing photos, Jessie!  The piece looks amazing!

To learn more about Tuesday customer inspiration and see previous posts, click on the Customer Inspiration  tab (you probably already knew that - eh).

I'll announce a contest we're going to hold showcasing the Hampton Inn fine-but-generic furniture with my weekly update post Friday morning.  Stay tuned, dear reader! 

Update: contest is on "hold" while details are hammered out!  I'll keep you posted!