Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday's Customer Inspiration - Wendi's lovely sofa/hall table!


I love so many things about today's customer inspiration.  First, that Wendi was introduce to Jubilee Furniture by her sister (love when happy customers tell others about us!)  Secondly, that her transformed hall table was inspired by another Jubilee Furniture customer inspiration (Rachel's).  Sigh.  Smile.

Here's Wendi's email:

Hi Susan!  My husband and I had the good fortune of being introduced to Jubilee by my sister, Kari, and have had such great experiences every time we walk through the door thanks to you, your staff and the amazing finds there.  We moved from Tokyo to Chicago recently and are decorating our very first American home from scratch and on a budget, which is where Jubilee has shone.


We've picked up chairs, amazing artwork, frames, an antique lamp, Christmas ornaments and books, as well as this gorgeous sofa table.  It features great quality and craftsmanship, and was a steal at just $65.  It was nice as is, but we wanted to add a modern touch that would pop against all the wood and bright walls in our living room.


I love the finished product, which cost about $10 in paint supplies.  I threw a stack of beautiful hardbound books and a fresh flower arrangement on top and it's pretty perfect.




Thanks for your wonderful store (which makes me feel good about supporting such a good cause) and staff. See you next time!


Sincerely,


Wendi

In additional email exchanges, Wendi shared that the wall color is Benjamin Moore's Mountain Laurel (picked on a whim without so much as a test sample.  But it was a winner; I love how it changes with the light, sometimes green, sometimes blue...) and she got the black and white idea from an earlier customer inspiration post that I fell in love with. 


The crisp white paint on the great lines of the table against that gorgeous wall color is a winner!  I also love that Wendi used the original hardware but painted it black.  Fantastic!

If you've purchased something from Jubilee Furniture and would be willing to take a photo (or three) and email them to me at sgalbraith@outreachcommin.org with the details - I'd be grateful and you just might inspire someone else!

I hope you have a great week, dear reader, and I'll see you back here on Friday!