Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tuesday's customer inspiration - Lisa's lovely home!

After a few weeks without a single email from anyone with photos I was beginning to think Tuesday Customer Inspiration was dead.  Truthfully, we've arrived at this place several times in the last year and a half I've been trying to get customer inspiration off the ground and though there have been times when I've had three - and once even FOUR - emails w/photos ready to go - those have been the exception not the norm.

Yet, each time I've been ready to throw in the towel, some wonderful customer comes through - as Lisa did this week!

Before showing you Lisa's great photos, please allow me to remind you of the point of customer inspiration.  By showing you photos of what Jubilee Furniture customers have done with their purchases - either how an item has been transformed - or - just how amazing it looks in a customer's home exactly as it looked leaving the store - my hope is you might be inspired to rethink whatever you currently think about used furniture (unless you already think used furniture is fabulous and you'd never buy anything new even if you life depended on it - well, maybe if your live REALLY depended on it but you'd still have to think long and hard before consenting).

My further hope is you'd be inspired to specifically shop at Jubilee Furniture (we're open Fridays from 1 to 8 and Saturdays from 9 to 4) where the proceeds of everything we sell are helping to support the programs and services offered through Outreach Community Ministries (restoring hope and providing opportunities for those most in need in DuPage County, Illinois).  However, if Jubilee Furniture is too far from where you live or work - that you'd stop in at a local resale store where, chances are, their proceeds are supporting an equally wonderful not-for-profit.

If you've purchased something from Jubilee and have been meaning to take a few photos and email me, since Lisa has saved Tuesday customer inspiration for another week - you're in luck and can still do so (sgalbraith@outreachcommin.org) - but please don't tarry!

Here's Lisa's email:

Hi Susan!  Happy New Year!!!  Thanks for all the wonderful work you and your team do at Jubilee!  We LOVE Jubilee Furniture and have found some great pieces of furniture we love and use all the time!  So I have been meaning to email you and finally I am, not sure how to format it but hopefully the attachments work..or what to say, so you can add anything else but we love all the things we've found!!

The first is the long mission style cabinet we put our tv on (purchased for $60)

Second, are the Crate and Barrel couches with an ottoman we bought and then I found some turquoise flower pillows at Home Goods that matched perfectly!!!  I think the couch set was around $150 

 Third is the office chair and the table with books and drawers.  The desk we got from a neighbor but I've seen identical ones at Jubilee and it makes for a great little office (I think the chair was $20 and the table $30)

And lastly, our kitchen chairs!!! They're a light turquoise (which is the color they were when we bought them) and add a fun touch of color to our table (purchased for $75 for the four of them)!

Jubilee is amazing, thanks again!

Grant, Lisa and Jaedalyn

Wow - I love how Lisa re-purposed a dresser to put her TV on and how great it goes with the rocker!  The Home Good pillows really turn a somewhat nondescript sofa and chair into something fabulous!  Their home office makes me want to sit down and work knowing I'd work well in such an attractive and organized space.  And the light turquoise chairs add a touch of whimsy to their dining space.  Love.  It.  All.

I also love the number of exclamation points Lisa included in her email!  Makes me smile.

Thank you so much, Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope to see you, dear reader, back here on Friday for my weekly update post!