- the events of almost ten years ago when approximately 3,000 lost their lives in a senseless act of hatred and violence.
- when 334 were killed during the Beslan School hostage crisis in the Russian Federation.
- the 1983 Beirut barracks bombings where 299 American and French service personnel were killed.
- October 25, 2009 when 155 were killed and 721 injured when two suicide car bombs went off in Baghdad, Iraq.
- the series of seven bomb blasts over 11 minutes on the Suburban Railway in Mumbai, India which killed 209 and injured 700 on July 11, 2006.
- that hate breeds hate unless we forgive and commit to learn about – and understand – people who might, or might not, be different from us.
- that out of understanding and an openness to others can come acceptance and love.
- the power of one act of kindness to another.
- the beauty of a genuine smile.
- that giving our time and presence to someone is an amazing gift.
- that no one can take away our hope or dignity.
- to go to Jubilee Furniture either today (Friday) from 1 to 8 or tomorrow (Saturday) from 9 to 4.
Sorry – but you know me, I could’ve kept going on and on and I have lots of unusual things to show you today. Let’s take a look-see:
gorgeous dining room table and six chairs priced $450
creamy off-white leather sofa by Plunkett for $60; matching chair and ottoman for $45 (photos don’t show the wear – though you can see the dark stain on the chair that must be from oil that’s in hair)
blue-ish sofa priced $40
Chet – my lighting guy – has these two lamps marked EF & EF Industrial lamp, cherub base, circa 1971 – $50 each – all I can say is amazing!
this is a fabulous counter height table with industrial metal legs and a solid wood surface (which needs some work) priced $85
tan plaid sleeper sofa for $40
lovely yellow painted wicker hall/sofa/covered porch table with wood top priced $145
two typewriter tables priced $8 each
so, so beautiful – two lighted w/two adjustable glass shelves on top, one drawer and some storage below – by Hooker – priced $225 each
lovely rocker priced $65
if I had more time I would have researched this table – because it’s incredible – but my rushing means fabulous deals for you (possibly) – table is priced $40; four blue rolling vinyl chairs priced $40 for all (warning – chairs need both cleaning and some sort of de-odoring – if that’s a word)
though lots o’work is needed to return this antique mahogany library table back to it’s former glory – man, would it be amazing – even in this state, the lines and heft of this piece are beautiful – priced $95
lovely narrow bookcase priced $40
cool, retro tile-topped side table priced $95
like-new is an accurate description of this Heritage sofa priced $295; ottoman is priced $40 (and isn’t an exact match to the sofa – though close)
beautiful side table with flowers painted on top priced $85
our artwork wall has many, many new additions (note bullfighter painting to left in photo – which, I believe, is priced something like $15)
super comfy and nice dual recliner love seat – which is a wall hugger (can sit close to wall and will not bang into it when fully reclined) – with spot for drinks and remotes in the middle priced $185
table, two leaves and four chairs priced $95; matching buffet for $40
rusty brown wing backs priced $40 each
8’ tall IKEA storage piece with two deep large drawers on bottom and tons o’storage on top priced $75
matching IKEA dresser for $85
three drawer dresser priced $65
though we don’t normally accept pieces like this for donation – the donor brought it to me and it was too lovely not to take – 48” vanity w/49” granite top and under-mount sink all for $250
- to not sweat the small stuff.
- to tell someone everyday, “I love you.”
- to enjoy this good day.
- that God, honest-to-goodness, loves you.
- that I think you, dear reader, are wonderful!