Top of the morning to you! I’m super stoked to show you this week’s batch of photos because we received some unbelievable pieces for donation this week!
But first let’s review some things about Jubilee Furniture:
- Jubilee Furniture is a division of Outreach Community Ministries and the proceeds of everything we sell – minus our expenses – are helping to support the programs and services offered through Outreach. Outreach has the mission of restoring hope and providing opportunities to those most vulnerable in DuPage County
- As crazy as it sounds, Jubilee Furniture is only open two days each week: Fridays from 1 to 8 and Saturdays from 9 to 4 – that’s it! There are many reasons why we aren’t open more but none of those reasons are to personally tick you off – I promise
- Everything in our inventory is donated, used furniture (though we occasionally get new merchandise like our amazing donation of prototype queen-size mattresses, box springs and foundations from the research and development departments at both Serta and Comfort Solutions – of which we still have a great selection – mattress and box spring sets are priced $475; mattress only, $325; box spring or foundation only, $100). We offer donation pick up service – for no cost – and leave each donor with an IRS approved donation receipt (guys are out making pickups every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday)
- The children’s coloring table and the sweet plastic kid’s chairs around the table are not for sale – many of my customers' children know it’s there and would be sad if it were gone
- We hang much of the artwork created at the kid’s coloring table and one of my favorites states “You seam like angels.” This particular artist comes in fairly regularly with her parents and now realizes she spelled “seem” wrong and is somewhat – but not overly – embarrassed by this (I would take it down if she were truly mortified – but I told her everyone loves it and so she’s okay with leaving it hanging up)
- We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover and cash and 8% tax will be added to each purchase. All sales are final and we do not negotiate on our prices
- The free cookies found as you enter the store are purchased from Jewel and I usually buy whatever’s on sale. Why they taste so much better than the cookies you buy at Jewel is one of life’s mysteries and shouldn’t be over analyzed so as to not spoil it
- Though we don’t allow “holds” (I have seven hours on Friday and seven hours on Saturday to sell as much furniture as I possibly can – thus the no hold policy), once “sold” you have up to two weeks from date of purchase to pick up your fine furniture
- Making you feel welcomed is high on our priority list – if you’d rather we bug off don’t make eye contact and we’ll get the message
- Jubilee Furniture offers delivery for a fee (you’ll note one exception to the fee for delivery if you purchased a gorgeous – but expensive – $6,000 expensive – desk combo below). The cost of delivery is based on how far from the store the furniture is being delivered to and the number of pieces being delivered (5 miles or less from Jubilee and one item – $35 to give you a starting point). All deliveries are made on Saturday
- There are only 2 1/2 paid Jubilee Furniture/Outreach employees that work at the store (me, Dan Snyder – Warehouse Manager and Chris Jackson – Truck Assistant) everyone else you encounter is a volunteer. Be nice to them or they won’t ever volunteer again
- As much as I wish I could remember everything every customer is looking for – I can’t and so I don’t have a running “when this comes in please contact this person” list. People are more than welcome to contact me (Thursday afternoons are often best since I’m working at the store – though the store is not open – and can let you know if something specific has come in) at (630) 337-1467
- In addition to a weekly update post every Friday morning (if no technical glitches – my goal is to have the Friday post up by 9:00 a.m. CST), I put together a Tuesday customer inspiration post which showcases something someone has purchased from Jubilee and how amazing it looks in their home. To be showcased, simply email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) a photo or two (or three) and you’re guaranteed to make my day
- Though like everyone else I have good days and bad days – overall – my job as general manager is an excellent fit for me and I genuinely like what I do. I especially love getting to know my customers and appreciate everyone who stops in
And on that mushy note – let’s continue!
great oversized chair and ottoman for $95
great color, cozy fabric on this sofa priced $50
gorgeous cherry table, three leaves and eight chairs by A. Sibau (made in Italy) priced $465
working hydraulic barber chair priced $75
cream color leather sofa for $45; matching chair for $25
gold velvet side chair (doesn’t rock or swivel) priced $30 and there are two of them (each priced $30)
these are amazing quality leather pieces by Whittemore-Sherrill – the leather simply needs to be re-stained (which I’m told is not a big deal) – the sofa is priced $165; chair and ottoman $125
lovely oval table with one leaf, six chairs and table pads priced $225 for all
counter height table with one self-storing leaf and four chairs priced $185
blue/gray plaid sleeper sofa for $65
really interesting swivel/rocker chair and ottoman by eran (made in Denmark for John Stewart International) fabric is sorta a not-soft leather/suede – not uncomfortable but different – priced $295
two Duncan Phyfe two drawer side tables priced $75 each
these photos do not capture the beauty of these Pennsylvania House pieces – both in excellent condition – love seat is priced $275; matching sofa is $375
gorgeous Pennsylvania House wingback chairs priced $175 each
we received a set of dinning room chairs without the table – there are four chairs that look like this and two with arms – excellent condition, solid, heavy chairs – lovely lines – we’re selling all six chairs for $200 – which is just over $33 per chair!
you might have seen a desk sitting on our floor all wrapped up and wondered what was the deal – here’s the deal – this is a high end ($20,000) beautiful desk, connecting bridge with a key board pull out, and credenza with hutch by Bernhardt (locking drawers with key) that my boss was trying to figure out if it could be used in Outreach’s offices – so was not for sale. He has since decided that I can sell it with a $6,000 price tag (yep, you read that correctly – $6,000). These are truly gorgeous, quality pieces of furniture! It would be a pleasure to sit down and work at this desk – you’d probably be smarter and more productive too! Okay – maybe I’m laying it on too thick, hey?
Anyway, if you did buy this desk/bridge/credenza/hutch – Jubilee Furniture would deliver it for FREE to your office as long as there are no stairs involved.
nice Lazboy sofa for $75; matching Lazboy love seat for $50
sleeper sofa priced $50
words fail me as to how to describe these fabulous Hickory Chair chairs – Chippendale style – lovely melon color fabric – priced $155 each
this Hickory camel back sofa is also gorgeous and priced $195
fun white laminate table priced $35; white leather stools priced $10 each
lovely pine dresser with mirror (can see the top of the mirror peeking out from behind the dresser) priced $145; matching armoire is $125
donor told me she paid $1,000 for this upholstered rocker – but the rocker doesn’t rock fully (you’ll have to try it out to see what I mean) so it’s priced $125
very nice coffee table for $95
May you enjoy this good day, dear reader!